The Rules of Golf of the USGA and these Local Rules govern play at Papago Golf Course (August 2021).
- Play is governed by the USGA rules of golf. Please use the Papago scorecard local rules in conjunction with following PWGA local rules.
- OUT OF BOUNDS: Perimeter fencing surrounding the golf course. Out of bounds is defined by the inside points of fences and posts. Rule 18
- PENALTY AREAS: Are identified by red or yellow stakes and/or lines. Use the line if available, otherwise use the stakes for relief reference. Rule 17
- IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS: All control boxes and weather stations are obstructions. Swing and stance relief, plus one club length only, NOT line of sight. Rule 16
- GROUND UNDER REPAIR: Must be defined by white lines or specific sign. Rule 16
- LOOSE IMPEDIMENTS: Loose impediments may be removed from bunkers and all penalty areas. NOTE: includes stones in the bunkers. Rule 15
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES: Are allowed in all PWGA events providing they do not measure wind and/or elevation. Rule 4
- BALL ACCIDENTALLY MOVED ON THE PUTTING GREEN: When a player’s ball lies on the green there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball marker must be replaced. Rule 15
- NOTE: There is no penalty if you or anyone else moves your ball during a search. Simply replace it. Rule 7.4
- DOUBT AS TO PROCEDURE: In stroke play (only), a player may play a second ball under Rule 20.1c(3)
- RELIEF FROM A SPRINKLER HEAD NEAR THE GREEN: For relief from a sprinkler head that interferes with your line of play, the sprinkler head must be within 2 club lengths of the green and your ball must be within 2 club lengths of the same sprinkler head. Relief is nearest point, then drop.
- LOCAL RULES FOR SPECIFIC HOLES:
- Hole #11 - The water in front of the green is a Yellow Penalty area (not Red). You may not take a drop where your ball enters the water near the green. You MAY use the drop area OR proceed under the yellow penalty area relief. Rule 17
- Hole # 9,12, & 18 - For these holes, the dirt areas in and around the cart path are considered an immovable obstruction. Free Relief Rule 16
- Hole #12 - The fenced area on the left of the fairway is an immovable obstruction. Free relief for swing and stance only, not line of sight. Rule 16
Inappropriate behavior including, but not limited to: abusive and vulgar language, non-compliance with PWGA By-laws, Standing Rules, USGA Rules, property destruction, i.e., throwing or breaking clubs, will result in disciplinary action.
Papago Women's Golf Association