The Rules of Golf of the USGA and these Local Rules govern play at Papago Golf Course.
******* “NEW” USGA RULES OF GOLF APPLY *******
- OUT OF BOUNDS: Defined by the inside points, at ground level, of fence posts of the perimeter fence surrounding the golf course. Rule 18
- PENALTY AREAS: Identified by red or yellow stakes and/or lines. Use line if available for relief reference; otherwise use the stakes. Rule 17
NOTE: Hole #11 – as an additional option you MAY use the “ball drop” area under penalty of 1 stroke.
- IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS:Rule 16 Free relief. Railway ties adjacent to, and within one club length of, artificially surfaced paths are deemed to be part of the same obstruction. Paths in the middle of fairways #6, 7, 13, 14, and 15 are cart paths. Free relief
- GROUND UNDER REPAIR: “Must” be defined by white lines. Rule 16
- “NEW” EMBEDDED BALL: Is now always available in the General Area (previously through the green)
- You may remove loose impediments anywhere on the course including: STONES IN BUNKERS - LOOSE IMPEDIMENTS IN BUNKERS and PENALTY AREAS.
- DOUBT AS TO PROCEDURE: In stroke play (only), a player may play a second ball under Rule 3-3.
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES: MAY be used providing they do not gauge wind or elevation.
- BALL ACCIDENTALLY MOVED ON THE PUTTING GREEN: When a player’s ball lies on the green there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball marker must be replaced. Rule 7 There is no penalty if you move your ball during a search. Simply replace it.
Inappropriate behavior including, but not limited to: abusive and vulgar language, non-compliance with PWGA By-laws, Standing Rules, USGA Rules, property destruction, i.e., throwing or breaking clubs, will result in disciplinary action.
Papago Women's Golf Association